View Single Post
Old 06-22-2007, 07:46 AM

Default Re: Why isn\'t DNA and Human Consciousness Enough For Some Christians?

[ QUOTE ]
Why stick to much more controversial beliefs that all scientists think are silly, when the more reasonable scenario I outlined above, does not, to my knowledge contradict the basics of Christian thought?

[/ QUOTE ]

I think what is reasonable is dependant on your level of understanding. So that if you do not have a grasp of how evolution and DNA works it might well appear simpler to “believe that all species were created by God from the gitgo”. This is especially true if you know your opinion is just as good if not better than anyone else, you can not understand what the ‘scientists’ are going on about, so clearly nether can they and your much simpler vision is clearly the better one. “These so called clever scientist tend to outthink themselves and loose touch with reality.”

I suspect by the end of the century we will have both determined all the steps in the evolution of life, and isolated the mechanism that creates the sensation of consciousness in humans, however that wont change fundamentalist Christian beliefs.