View Single Post
Old 06-22-2007, 04:37 AM

Default Re: Why isn\'t DNA and Human Consciousness Enough For Some Christians?

[ QUOTE ]
Since even fundamentalists believe that microevolution occurs within species, why do they fight so hard to deny that DNA mutations could also cause new species? Why do they need to believe that all species were created by God from the gitgo? Including all those millions of species of bugs, worms, etc that have no effect on us and have maybe been extinct for millions of years. Wouldn't it be more reasonable to think God created DNA and let the chips fall where they may? Until that time that an animal came into being with enough brainpower that God could bestow consciousness on it along with revealing his existence to it.

Why stick to much more controversial beliefs that all scientists think are silly, when the more reasonable scenario I outlined above, does not, to my knowledge contradict the basics of Christian thought?

[/ QUOTE ]

Well put, David. My faith requires me to believe that God is the author of all life. The "how He did it" portion is immaterial to any key tenets of Catholic Faith. For those curious enough about the "How," there is scientific reason, understanding, and observation that can yield important clues. I'm inclined to believe that the scenerio you described above is a strong favorite to be correct.