View Single Post
Old 06-21-2007, 07:34 PM

Default Beat/Brag: First Job in 3 Years (PICS!!!)

So, I started my first real job in three years on Monday. I'm working as a runner at the Chicago Mercantile Exchange. Perhaps you know it as the Chicago Butter and Egg Board (if you're over 100 years old). So, far it has been pretty interesting. There's a lot of [censored] going on that is way over my head at this point as far as lingo and procedure. So, far I've spent most of my time just standing around watching stuff go down. It's pretty cool since I'm basically watching a high stakes poker game, since a lot of the futures trading is really zero sum stuff. If you have any questions (though this is NOT an ask me thread) shoot or you may be interested in some insider trading.

Here's some pics:

One of my bosses watching some MMA on some non-youtube video site. How long do I wait to rickroll?

Massive Hud Stats.

This is the pit about a half hour before open. It'll be packed with traders from 8:30 to 3:15.

This is the POS thing I sit on most of the day.

Omg! The market is crashing...no not really.

This girl was seriously HAWT...unfortunately I was just creepball enough to get these pics and couldn't get any frontals.

This cute little AZN trader with a bare midriff beneath the mesh stands in front of me all day. She is probably rich. Plz to be bearing my children?

A book I went to get on State Street for my main boss for his son for a science project, I didn't ask questions:

Some pics I didn't take: