View Single Post
Old 06-21-2007, 06:03 PM

Default Re: The difference between being coerced and coercing

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
It doesn't matter what you see as aggression and what isn't.

[/ QUOTE ]
But it does matter what you see as aggression? Because you've been calling my government aggressive since day 1. Why are you running from specifically defining aggression now?

[/ QUOTE ]
You know that's not what I mean. The situation in question is one where you must debate when you have a right to self defense, or when exactly you can exercise it. There's no reason to go through thousands of little examples and see.

[/ QUOTE ]
You guys are arguing preemption is self-defense. I want to know precisely when I can preempt. Is government a legitimate form of preemption?

[/ QUOTE ]
Being that I've never read an argument for government as only being used for preemption, I doubt it.

[/ QUOTE ]
Just to be clear, do you concede that government is an acceptable form of self-defense against my fellow man?

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
No, you said that if I did something you found threatening and you shot me over it, it would "probably" go to arbitration. That isn't an answer to my question. I want to know exactly when I may preempt aggression from someone I feel is threatening me.

[/ QUOTE ]
There isn't a simple black and white answer in all situations. If you choose a spot where it doesn't look like self defense, arbitration may be right around the corner.
[ QUOTE ]
Except every realistic scenario (troll attack snipped) doesn't require me to rely exclusively on the judgment of some ACist yahoo with an uzi.

[/ QUOTE ]
Didn't I just get done telling you about arbitration? It's not. And what makes AC people more likely to shoot you for no reason people in a statist world?

[/ QUOTE ]
Well, let's see... hmm... ah, I know! How about this: uzis has been outlawed by the inefficient government that runs my state. In those rare instances where automatic weapons are allowed - usually in the hands of certain government employees on duty at their jobs - the individual handling the weapon is inviably well trained, as is required by law.