Thread: WSOP hand
View Single Post
Old 06-21-2007, 04:17 PM

Default Re: WSOP hand

[ QUOTE ]
I think check the flop. What worse hands are going to call? Check the flop, call bets on the turn, bet turn if checked to twice.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't know what worse hands just call but I think he's check/raising range includes PP and other hands hero has beat that are representing an ace. Hero has said he's been running hot but this generally means his opponents will be reading him for a LAG and play back at him more.

I like a check behind since we really don't know where our hands stands against a call or a raise, although I don't see why somebody would c/r a hand like AT/AJ or even AQ on this flop. It's WA/AB situation for them so if they have a hand that isn't a set or a bluff they shouldn't play it like this. Then the question do they play 22 or 44 like this? probably. A bluff representing an ace? possibly.

Reads, player tendencies and table feel would help in this spot. His turn bet seems pretty strong. Is he the type of player to throw out a 2nd barrel if called on the flop with TT for half his stack?

meh, I think checking behind on the flop is the best play. If we're behind we keep the betting to two streets. If we're ahead we aren't really worried too much about giving up a free card. Against a tricky player we're put in a tough spot b/c we aren't sure where we stand against a c/r and against a weak straight forward player we can check the flop b/c they'll be drawing thin when we're ahead.