View Single Post
Old 06-21-2007, 12:41 PM

Default Re: DVD Discussion: Before Sunrise

[ QUOTE ]
God I want to marry Celine so badly. I just watched this film after having seen Before Sunset (weird watching that one first but actually I think it's a great way to go) and it is now perhaps my favorite film of all time (next to My Life as a Dog, and the Empire Strikes Back). Holy bajeezus it is good, and I'm a film production major so I would know [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img] I actually liked Before Sunrise more than Before Sunset, maybe because I'm just a hopeless romantic myself and secretly wish (or not so secretly now) that I could be Ethan Hawke. Their whole encounter in Before Sunrise is just pure magic and so is the movie imo.

Why is this movie so good? It's genuine, it's more real life than a documentary. There are so many fantastic moments after the next and really it's just two people talking. Simplicity is lost in modern cinema. Audiences today demand special effects and fancy editing but really the most beautiful things in life are the most simple. For instance, I love my mom, because she's my mom and she loves me. Simple right? Beautiful? Yes. Circular logic? Yes, but sometimes the most true things in life can't be explained, and those are also some of the best things in life.

The acting blew me away. Hawke and Delpy, wowowow, amazing together. Personally I think Delpy is even better than Hawke, but maybe that's because I couldn't keep my eyes off of the Boticelli angel. If I could show one film to an actor to explain what great acting is this would be it. I've said this before but it's just so real. Half of that is the script which is zomg amazing. I can't say enough about this movie, but seriously I think it just changed my life.

[/ QUOTE ]

very cool you liked these movies that much...if you want to see another side of Delpy's range check out Three Colors: White.