View Single Post
Old 06-20-2007, 11:58 PM

Default Absolute - Random Tables Disconnect WTFBBQ

Ok, this has been going on for a while and, although annoying, was tolerable:

While 6-tabling, action will freeze on one or more tables, while everything is fine at my other tables. Sometimes, the frozen tables will go back to normal, sometimes not.

After a minute or so, I get the "you have been disconnected from our server blah blah blah", but as I said, other tables still run fine.

I thought it was maybe a PC problem, because it seemed that if I shut down PAHUD (and sometimes ZoneAlarm in a panic situation, like tonight gdmmt gdmmt gdmmt), things would return to normal, but that clearly isn't the case anymore.

It's getting to the point that I think I have a superstitious ritual before I start a session - I run disk clean-up, reboot, close all the useless processes in the task bar (thank you SyncMaster 402b... I needed all that crap... yeah, thanks a lot), and then fire things up. I remember just being able to fire up PT, PAHUD, and ABS whenever.

Tonight I disconnected on some tables which had significant hands that I had committed a lot of money to (and was likely winning at SD), so I'm officially sick of this problem and would like a solution please.

The rest of the innertubes are working fine.

PS. What is Absolute's policy on disconnect protection? I can't seem to find that anywhere.

PPS. I find myself needing to unplug my cable modem, wireless router, and Vonage router on a daily basis in order to get the innertubes unclogged (I don't know which is causing the problem, so I "reboot" them all and it works). Is this related in some way?

Thanks.