View Single Post
Old 06-20-2007, 04:38 PM

Default Re: Old-Timers Game (GAME THREAD)

[ QUOTE ]
Here:

[ QUOTE ]
I'm in meetings today and have bowling league tonight. I'll try to drop in from work but may not be back until like 11 est.

Nich, I will respond in full with my thought processes and stuff then. In short, though, I voted for whoever I thought was a wolf and it was a tough situation. I would "look bad" if I switched to Bobo and he was a villager and Patton was a wolf, or Alex was a wolf or whatever. Thats why overanalyzing some of these situations can be detrimental. If a villager picks who they think is more wolfy and is wrong then they look bad. In a 3 bandwagon situation it is very likely that a villager comes up looking bad at some point.

[/ QUOTE ]
This whole post skurred me. Why would a villager who's not on the lynching block care about looking bad? Nothing strikes me right about this.

Add in how hard Chim tried for Jared on D1.

I want to vote him all week long all of a sudden.

[/ QUOTE ]

OH,

My entire point was that I do not care how I look. I am going to vote for who I think is a wolf here, not concerned with how I look. But it is much easier for wolves to look better than villager in this situation. I voted for who I thought was wolfy without regard to how I may look if I was wrong. Villagers don't think that way, if I really cared about putting Alex over the top I woulda voted for him al ong time ago. I felt Patton was wolfy, but at least he tried to save himself so I switched at the end of the night. The major flaw in the bandwagon analysis is that villagers are wrong a lot, and often pick wrong when things get close. I woulda still preferred Patton, but I preferred Alex to Bobo. Was I wrong? I dunno, I still feel Patton has a higher chance of being a wolf than Bobo and would vote that same way given the opportunity tonight.