View Single Post
Old 06-20-2007, 03:48 PM

Default Re: FLORIDA ALLOWING POKER GAME STAKES TO BE RAISED IN JULY!

[ QUOTE ]
[.

The better players stay away from the dog tracks because of the ridiculous rake. They play once in a blue moon. (I only go on date night when we get a sitter.)

These fish are going to last 2-4 weeks, tops, until they start clamoring for 1-2 limit again.

[/ QUOTE ]

I know a lot of these "underground" people. The people who play in "charity" events at country clubs and bars. They don't scare me. Some of them might be decent, but I've played with enough regulars in and out of the card rooms to know that I'm ahead of them skillwise in the NL cash game. As a winning player online and live, I'm not worried. YMMV.

[/ QUOTE ]

The fact that a LOT of the players are marginal or distracted (by their bets on the dogs) just makes it that much better for me.

I stay away from the no-fold'em-hold'em limit games, and stick with the STTs and MTTs

yes the rake is a bit high (33+12), but I've still made a decent buck playing in these "soft" tourneys

as for the "Charity" things at country clubs, they are a lot of fun.... I go to one in Ft. Lauderdale where they have a $60 buy-in 3 weeks a month ($110 1 week) -always 5 to 7 tables- and at the same time there is a $100 NL 1/2 cash game (usually 1 or 2 tables) the players are better than the average Dog track player, but the games are still beatable (and enjoyable)