View Single Post
Old 06-20-2007, 02:58 PM

Default Re: Busted, Dejected & Wondering WTH Went Wrong...

About a year ago I was in your same situation. Wondering why I could not get it, after all I had watched WPT for years and it looked so easy I had to try. I deposited $100 on Stars and started playing $5 STT and with a couple exceptions had donked off my small roll in a month or so.

I told myself I would not do that again so I bought Harrington on Holdem volumes 1 and 2 and read each one several times. These books opened my eyes to huge leaks in my game. They also taught me that not only my hand was important, but also position, relative stack size, # of players remaining etc... factored greatly into starting requirements and whether to enter a hand someone else has opened.

Then I re-deposited $50 and started playing the $1 18person 2 table sit n gos on Stars. With some success I started posting hands that confused me on 2P2 and plugged even more holes in my game.

I have never re-deposited and am well over $1000 in my BR from that $50 deposit and have established a 80% ROI in the 3.25 45 man 9 table sit n gos on Stars over the last 135 hours played and do not intend on looking back. The tournament success has spilled over into my cash games and have a positive ROI there too, only about 18bb/100 but it is getting better.

Bottom line is learn, ask questions, post hands. Never feel like a question is stupid. Of course some a$$es will flame you over a redundant question but do not let that deter you from pulling valuable information from this forum that will make you money and a better player in the long run

Best of luck and hope to see you at the tables soon.

Brian