View Single Post
Old 06-20-2007, 01:02 PM

Default Re: The Demise of OneCall.com

[ QUOTE ]
Translation: Our prices are identical to the most expensive electronic stores on the web. If for some reason one of these overpriced stores lowers their price, we will too. What a joke...

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm not sure if using one particular electronics item is enough substantial evidence here. I got my 42" LCD through Onecall.com, pricematched w/ Amazon and got a price nearly identical to everything on pricegrabber. I am also more comfortable doing my business with a larger volume merchant than other ones listed on pricegrabber.

I just got my Casio Exilim 7.2MP, 7.0 Opt zoom camera from Onecall also for $299, mean price from smaller retailers on pricegrabber is $285, which I can live with. Onecall's prices are still way below my local B&M retailers like Best Buy, Circuit City, etc. so I feel I am saving money.

When I call Onecall.com to make my orders, someone picks up the phone immediately and is always very knowledgeable.

Of course, you can always use concierge service to buy a gift certificate to another retailer if that's your preference.