View Single Post
Old 06-20-2007, 12:01 PM

Default Re: basic overpair, QQ; min-raised on flop by bad player

[ QUOTE ]
Yeh, flop three bet is a good idea.

Part of the range of his flop raise is a draw, looking for a free card, and another part of his range is hands you're a long way ahead of.

The problem I am having in these spots is that whilst someone GOOD has those hands in their range, do regulars at these games? I keep stacking off with overpair vs. sets on drawy boards where perhaps I shouldn't be...

[/ QUOTE ]

It's tough sometimes but I don't good player min raises set on such a board since playing many turn cards will be difficult/put them behind. On the other hand, if someone that isn't supper-aggro is just looking to get lots of money in on flop on drawy board, it usually isn't worth it. Even if you think it's 50/50, 50% of time you're 8/92 vs set and only 60/40 or so vs FD, 50/50 vs FD+over and behind to combo draws. Sort of depends where you play though. If you're just getting crazy plays against you 50% of the time you have op, gotta gamble. If you're getting laydowns almost EVERY TIME with c-bets, it should be very easy to fold aa-qq even on the crappiest of boards once a regular once to get lots of money in all of a sudden.