View Single Post
Old 06-20-2007, 11:59 AM

Default Re: Did I miss a bet on turn?

I actually quite like your line here. 3-betting the flop doesn't really achieve much on the flop imo. You get a lot of worse "made" hands to fold, all better hands call, and he can't really have that many draws.

Turn card is good for you. What was your plan of action on the turn if he had bet?

I think your turn action is very dependent on your opponent, and you don't really have enough hands on him to be confident of any of the PAHUD stats.

"His line looks like a complete bluff by the river since he checked the turn, you need to lead 95% of the time here". Johnny, if this is the case, surely we shouldn't be betting the river? What "copmlete bluff" do we get value from?

Opposite to Johnny's thinking, IMO, his turn check is more likely to represent the straight (although his flop raise probably wouldn't) - especially given that he is in position with only a PSB left.

However, his range on the river is straight(although less likely because of flop raise)/sets/Kx/bluffs. I think I like check/call against this range, as most villains with value bet KJ/KT here because of you checking twice.

To conclude, check/call a reasonable sized bet on the river me thinks.