View Single Post
Old 06-20-2007, 10:47 AM

Default Re: Fight for Online Gaming!! -- Weekly action thread

[ QUOTE ]
What we really need to do is to come up with a target list. People who are against us who are in vunerable districts. Then we will have to try to influence the challengers with endorsements/contributions. This is the type of thing I would be happy to help with, I just need to not be publicly out there, especially this cycle. Not to say I can't arrange a meeting with somebody if it makes sense, I just can't become the internet poker playing campaign manager. Sadly, after this thing passed, it would limit my ability to work for different candidates.

[/ QUOTE ]

I posted an analysis of where we stand relative to geography and political parties on a different thread. I think we'll learn a lot more as IGREA progresses, as it will separate the die-hard gambling opponents like Kyl from the folks like Emanuel Cleaver and Peter King (both voted for UIGEA, but are with us on IGREA....they're not anti-gambing; they are anti-unregulated, offshore, untaxed Internet gambling). We'll obviously want to take aim at Goodlatte, Bachus, and Shays. We'll be adding to the list as time goes on.

Maybe we should start a list of folks who are against us no matter what, on a new thread.