View Single Post
Old 06-19-2007, 07:45 PM

Default Re: Standard Turn Decision

Most likely your up against a set of kings vs. either a set of Jacks or AA with the ace of spades. Even weird and goofy player sometimes wake up with a big hand. Regardless you gotta see the river at this point, you helped make the pot too big to lay down. If they 3 bet and cap maybe you need to reevaluate. I also, like jstill's plan to dump the hand if the 4 flush or 4 card straight hits the riv. A raise here may slow the freight train down for now, but it won't save us if the 4 flush, 4 straight, paired board hits the river. Just call and hope weirdy slows down, now that the flush appeared. I don't think anyone has the royal, yet, because they are still jamming the pot on the turn. My experience in live games is that either one or the other would have been afraid of losing action on the turn if they bet or raise ( I know it is flawed and there are exceptions but donkeys seem to think this way). What if you raise here, and they do slow down and then check to you on the river? Do you bet the river unimproved? I think calling is your best bet.