View Single Post
Old 06-19-2007, 05:26 PM

Default Re: \'Mr. Brooks\'. How is this movie not getting talked about? No spoi

i agree with a lot of the early analysis in this thread. good movie, and it was really nice to watch without ever seeing a trailer for it in advance. All i knew is that it was about Kevin Costner being a killer. After seeing all the sequels that have recently came out (pirates, shrek, fantastic 4, um and whatever that fourth/fifth one was), I think this is one of the better (maybe best?) movies to come out this season(knocked up was way overrated, but good).

on the con side, the premise and plot is very cheesy/silly. i can't say more without getting spoily, but it wasn't that bad unless you are the type of person that has a very hard time suspending disbelief for the sake of a movie.

Also, people trashing on dane cook are just haters imo. its so cool to think dane cook is a tool for some reason. I think its a good point that cook's character was written very poorly and acted very very unrealistically (the character not dane), but its not like he got to write his part, his acting was fine. better than fine imo. and no i am not a dane cook fanboy. in fact i think he is a tool, so that makes me cool right?