View Single Post
Old 06-19-2007, 02:39 PM

Default Re: Weighty issue I feel powerless to handle (Longest Post Ever OMG)

[ QUOTE ]
...by “marry her off” I mean prostitute her
...basically being turned into a whore for some old loser. Even if your mom is a lunatic religious nut who wants to prostitute you? Sell you to the highest bidder?
...sadly walking down the dark depths of fate to one of the most miserable existences I can imagine
...“Mom, you’re making me feel like a prostitute” because of her Chinese traditions. Yet on the other hand, I have a girlfriend who doesn’t want to be whored out to a wealthy old man. woman who doesn’t deserve to be abused by her family like this.

[/ QUOTE ]

The language you used to describe the situation reflects your values. As strong as you are in conviction that this is wrong, her and her family are in theirs that this is the right thing to do. I don't think you really understand that. You think there is hope and while I wish there was, there isn't.

Perhaps if you two had been together for years and you were also a millionaire able to support her and her family, then there might have been a chance. Truth is, it has only been a couple of months and you can't afford to support her family like the "Boss" can. You are severly overestimating the strength of your relationship with May.

[ QUOTE ]
She doesn’t know what to do. And I don’t think I can help much. It isn’t even about me – it’s about her.

[/ QUOTE ]

You are right. You can't help her. But you are wrong if you think this is not about you. This is about you. You need to take care of yourself. You need to move on with your life. Get out now while you only have a few months invested into the relationship.

If you don't have the strength to end it, at the very least, please start dating other girls. It will be much easier on you if you do.

I hope you will take the advice you received to move on from me and the others on here , but I think that that you won't. You have hope, and because of that, I think it will end badly for you.