Thread: Cigar Thread
View Single Post
Old 06-19-2007, 02:35 PM

Default Re: Cigar Thread

[ QUOTE ]
this is a little off topic, but it relates to the people posting about getting sick to their stomach or dizzy after smoking a strong cigar. the first time i smoked a hookah i was amazed out how smooth the smoke was compared to cigarettes or marijuana. you can inhale huge amounts of hookah smoke without it irritating your lungs or making you cough. i think this has to do with the hookah tobacco being burned at a lower temperature because the coals never touch the tobacco.

i was at a hookah bar with a bunch of friends, so we all start trying to impress one another by taking enormous puffs on the hookas. i became so light headed that i got tunnel vision and was sick to my stomach for hours. nicotine is one strong drug.

[/ QUOTE ]

I've only smoked a hooka a few times and enjoyed it a lot. I think that the reason that the smoke is so smooth is that it is flavored combined with the water filtration. Pipe smoke is similar in flavor but harsher due to no filtration. I am pretty sure you have to have a coal in touch with the tobacco to burn the hooka tobacco though. They always used to take an actual coal where we smoked and stick it on top so that you could smoke it at a very leisurely pace without going out.

Try the sugar next time. It works very well.