Thread: Cigar Thread
View Single Post
Old 06-19-2007, 01:22 PM

Default Re: Cigar Thread

[ QUOTE ]
Spending about $150 on a friend's wedding gift and cigar/cigar products are what I'd like to do. He has a barebones humidor, an expensive lighter but that's it. He is not an expert but he probably has preferences I'm unaware of. I'm not going to ask him what he likes as it would ruin the surprise. Spend my $150 for me.

Unrelated Question #1: If an inexperienced smoker gets sick after smoking, how likely is it that it's related? If anything at all, what are they doing wrong?

[/ QUOTE ]

The sick feeling that you get is because nicotine is a vasoconstrictor. It makes all the blood vessles in your body, including your stomach, where a lot of smoke and nicotine end up, constrict. They are trying to limit how much nicotine goes in. As the other poster mentioned. Eat some sugar which is a vasodialator. It will counter the effect.

I remember a great cigar that I smoked in AC at Caesars. La Flor Double Ligero. Its like a Maduro with a double fermented wrapper. As another poster mentioned, La Flor have a wicked nicotine kick and after about half I felt sick as a dog. Good think that at Caesars they have those free little cups of chocolates. One cup later, plus 1 free coke and I was as good as new.

Greg