View Single Post
Old 06-19-2007, 12:58 PM

Default Re: NBA draft discussion thread

Once we resigned Doc, I became a lot more comfortable with getting rid of Green. He is just utterly lost on the basketball court. He makes simple mistakes that most 14 year olds don't. The one I see most often is standing out on the 3pt line in a place that's impossible for him to get the ball, where he could just slide over a few feet but doesn't. And while he may still learn, he's not 18 anymore. And Doc won't get it done.

He's not going to be a star, there's no reason to cling on to him. There's also a coach by the name of Don Nelson who loves raw, athletic, offensive talent, especially when they shoot as well as Green. Golden State is reportedly very high on Yi, too.

GS gets:
Wally
Gerald Green

Boston gets:
Jason Richardson
Andris Biedrins

You could also swap Wally for Theo, but Wally is a decent fit in GS. His athleticism is in question, but he's all offense and a good shooter.

Boston gets good immediately, assuming J-Rich is healthy. Rondo/JRich/PP/Big Al/Perk or Andris is a solid starting 5 in the east. A two headed monster of Perk and Biedrins wouldn't be incredible, but it'd be pretty good and versatile, though very foul prone. The addition of JRich opens things up offensively and allows Rondo to hide his shooting woes and focus on what he does best: creating.

Biedrins playing under Doc could get ugly, though.

Obviously this is a pipe dream. GS likes Biedrins a lot and they need a man in the middle. But I've read reports that GS is open to moving JRich and GS/Nellie is very high on Yi. Yi's the type of player that Nellie loves out on the court. In addition the Bay Area is an ideal place for an Asian player.