View Single Post
Old 06-19-2007, 12:47 PM

Default Re: i almost hit a pedestrian today

[ QUOTE ]
Obey the speed limits .... the cops would have measured your tire skid marks and would have been able to extrapolate your speed. If you were obeying the law = ok. if not = [censored]

glad it worked out ...

[/ QUOTE ]

i believe i was following the speed limit, at least in the "32 in a 25" sense, but i can't be sure. also i took my foot off the gas for a second or two when i saw the parents at the curb so that probably slowed me down a little bit too. i might have hit the brake when i saw them also, but i'm not sure.

one of the worst parts of all of it if i had hit the kid would be not knowing how fast i was driving (especially if it couldn't be determined from skidmarks). it could've made for some terrible courtroom decisions (lie and say i was definitely going no more than 20 vs tell the truth and say i don't really know). i know i wouldn't have said anything at all until i had a lawyer present, i've learned enough from law and order to know that.

edit: someone mentioned booze. i was totally sober and i hadn't had a drop of alcohol all day.