View Single Post
Old 06-19-2007, 03:22 AM

Default Re: Questions about Bike 2/5 $100 - $300 NL Game

[ QUOTE ]
I buyin for 100xBB in a NL game. I think it's silly that California restricts the buyin for most nl games to 40 or 60xBB. It's like they think that the state is going to go broke and there won't be any more no limit.

[/ QUOTE ]

It's not a California restriction although the structures tend to compensate for California law regarding the way the drop is taken.

For example LA area clubs have many games with bigger spreads or a minimum buyin. But at low blind levels with a full drop on any flop (per California law) a high buyin would likely attract too many tighter/more serious players and you would often get small pots pre flop were half the pot gets dropped on the flop. This would kill the games/action.

As an aside note that the Bike's 5-5 blind game has a $300 to $500 spread buy. The Hustler's 5-10 blind game (going well lately) has a $500-$1000 spread. The Bike's 5-10 blind game has a $500 minimum buy.

Sorry I can't go into my usual excruciating detail and cover every club; I'm a bit tired after a long day.

~ Rick