Thread: river
View Single Post
Old 06-19-2007, 02:37 AM

Default Re: river

[ QUOTE ]
It depends what kind of person he/she is in my opinion. There are a lot of vegas people that will almost never raise you on a bluff here, but also given you're going to be there for a number of days in a row, often playing with the same people, call now and work from there. In a vacuum it's to a fold, but it's not really a big deal and seeing showdowns in those types of games is good.

I mean, ace 4 or pocket 4's seems like hands these guys would play like that and they are generally not the type to all of a sudden get creative on the river if they had something like T8 and picked up a bigger draw on the turn.

Still though, should call this time.

[/ QUOTE ]

Never played this high in Vegas, but have played against many of the 100 regular locals in the 30 game and you are right they do not get creative at all on the river. I would bet this 100% of the time against a Vegas regular-non 2+2er(wouldnt be suprised if he showed up w/AK, 88, 99 etc.). I would also pay off a raise for info purposes. Woudnt read to much into the prior hand where he couldnt beat a 6. Prob 55 or AJs.