View Single Post
Old 06-19-2007, 02:24 AM

Default Re: \'Mr. Brooks\'. How is this movie not getting talked about? No spoi

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
There IS no similar genre and that's one of the great things about this movie. It's fresh. Sure, there are movies with these elements separately but not brought together like this.

If I had to list movies that I like because I think they were different from everything else I'd pick movies like 'Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind', 'Brazil', 'Adaptation', 'Memento' and 'Requiem for a Dream' as examples.

[/ QUOTE ]

Howard, while I'd tend to trust your judgment, Hurt is coming off the worst performance of his career, Demi hasn't done a thing in forever, Dane Cook is unbearable, Panabaker is cute but <<<<<Hathaway, and it's f'crisssweetsakes a freaking COSTNERAMENT!

Surely you can't be saying MB is remotely on the level of the five movies you mentioned above....? [img]/images/graemlins/shocked.gif[/img]

Not to mention the whole serial killaz is really good guyz deep down impression. The reviews made it sound just like an awful script, forget the casting.

That said I can prolly see it for free tomorrow and with cheap beer to boot, but still. Really?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, I mentioned above that it doesn't really rate with those other movies but I was trying to put it in with a group of movies that look at 'been there, done that' stuff with a fresh eye.

I thought Hurt was great in this part. Moore was decent enough and could use the boost to her career. You've got to see Panabaker in this movie. She's very similar looking to Hathaway to begin with and is as pretty as they come. She's only 19 and played her part well. I'm really looking forward to her future roles.

I've been as disappointed with most of Costner's movies as everybody else even though I actually liked Waterworld. In THIS movie, though, he's good imo, finally! Really, it's as if the role was written for him.

I think the movie is certainly worth a look. Don't take the kiddies or anybody who's prone to nightmares.