View Single Post
Old 06-19-2007, 12:00 AM

Default Re: Need advice: shorting and securies lending

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
On a technical basis, I'm not a huge fan of shorting it here. There is support here at the 62.50ish to 63.50ish level and it will probably be bouncing from there to 65 or so. Not a great play. Once it gets down to 60 and goes below that, now you are off to the races. I only trade on a technical basis.

THE HUN.

[/ QUOTE ]

would you mind posting your returns for the time that you have traded on a purely technical basis?

thanks,
Barron

[/ QUOTE ]

Regardless of what I say, I just think it will end up being some sort of pissing contest as to which analysis works better. If I tell you a number that you interpret as too high, then clearly I must be full of it and making up some bogus number. On the flipside, if I tell you a number that you interpret as too low, then the conclusion is that technical analysis clearly doesn't work too well.

The OP and subsequent poster wanted an opinion, and I gave them an opinion from a technical perspective to give a bit of a different point of view, which, in all honesty, this forum can use.

THE HUN.

[/ QUOTE ]

no pissing contest. i'll take whatever #s you post as true and analyze them objectively. i'm doing something similar for Kimchi.

you have a different methodology that i'd like to dig into. in order to do that i need monthly returns.

research is my field and i love to dig into sh*t. Kimchi posted his monthly returns so i'd greatly appreciate it if you'd do the same.

i am trustworthy and objective when doing analysis. i have admitted when i'm wrong and will always do so.

Barron