View Single Post
Old 06-18-2007, 11:38 PM

Default Re: NBA draft disccusion thread

GKA is Rondo really better than Conley? I mean I'm not that high on Conley just bc of sample size and I've seen too many guys have a great tourney and get picked too high (Tyrus Thomas last year IMO). He did have one hell of a tourney though and every game that I watched of his, I was impressed. I also watched a good bit Rondo when he was in the SEC and he never impressed me that much. I mean his jumper is just so [censored] sorry and I dont think hes a good enough slasher to fully make up for it. Yes he can play D, but a great 6'0" defender isn't really worth a [censored] in the NBA IMO. I think he's one of those guys that your boy Bill Simmons gased up too much. I think COnley will be a better pro than Rondo and might be better in his first year.

Also, I really like Corey Brewer. He's a 6'8" guy who will be able to D up the opponents best perimeter player. And hes not bad on O either. He proved he could really shoot it in the tourney IMO. I honestly can't say whether or not Brewer>Green right now bc I dont know enough about Gerald but I think in the long run Brewer will be a very solid NBA player. Sorry man Celts are never on national tv anymore.

I do agree that Noah might be the best pick for your team though. He's not gonna put up huge numbers (who knows he could though), but he's not gonna be a bust whos out of the league in 3 years IMO. He can board and play D and he makes a lot of hustle plays. The guy deserves to play in the NBA and I think hes one of these guys who will always have a spot on some team.

Last thing. Assuming Horford is still there when the Celts pick, how does drafting Al to play the 4 and moving Jefferson to the 5 sound? You think that works or would you rather have Noah?