View Single Post
Old 06-18-2007, 07:41 PM

Default Sweet called shot $1000 live MTT

Blinds 600-1200/100

I raise early with AKo and get called by this pretty solid guy who I beat before holding QQ on a J-9-8 all diamond flop when he held Ad Jc. I have him covered, but he still has a lot of chips. Flop comes 6-8-J and I make a donk c-bet of 4000 which he smoothcalls. Turn is a Ten and I somehow conclude with certainty that if I bet enough here he will fold. I bet another 12,000. This results in him pushing for another 9500 to me. So, lets see its about 42,000 in the pot and 9500 to call. I figure that at least one of my overcards is good if it hits, and I have a gutshot also. For some reason, a pretty big crowd has gathered around our table. I joke with the dealer and ask him if he is going to be nice to me on the river. This is really a very badly played hand, but hey, I got great pot odds, right?

Uh,,, I call. He flips over 66 for a flopped set. Ugh. OK, I say "Queen" and BOOM- THERE IT IS! The guy I beat ran out of the room so fast. It was just insane. They must have thought I was a witch or something. Nobody wanted to play a hand with me for the next hour.

edit: standard for me lately cause i run goot