View Single Post
Old 06-18-2007, 02:36 PM

Default Re: FLORIDA ALLOWING POKER GAME STAKES TO BE RAISED IN JULY!

[ QUOTE ]
I've been following this news, because I live down in Naples FL. I called my local dog track and they had no specific information about what they were planning.

But, given the past experience I expect that it will still be a pretty terrible setup. They aren't interested in providing the customer with competative rates, heck they don't really have any compitition and they are full up every day.

Right now the Naples/Ft. Myers Greyhound Track only runs $45 MTT and STT. In both cases the fee they take for entry is $14 if I remember correctly (I haven't played in a while, maybe it's $13). Thats like a $31 + $14, 45% fee?

The STT don't even pay out top 3 because the rake is so high, it's just top 2 places out of 10 players. I've never played in any of those. MTT pay out top 9 out of 180-200 players. I got just under $2000 for the one MTT I won, which is ok but with 100/200 starting blinds and 4k in chips the 200 player tournament was over in less than 5 hours. Needless to say I got fairly lucky.

Cash games have always been 10% up to $5. I doubt that will change, unless it becomes a time charge, but I imagine that the tournaments will be just as crappy as they are now. I can't imagine playing a MTT at $300 + $135.

[/ QUOTE ]

The MTTs have always been 32+13 which everyone with a brain knows is a ridiculous ripoff. I played in one donk-n-go to see what it was like and it was just an all-in fest from the get go. I can't imagine the cardrooms are dumb enough to try and continue their 30% vig on higher buy-ins, and if they do, we all need to raise hell.