View Single Post
Old 06-18-2007, 02:26 PM

Default Please Review my T10,000 blind structure

My group's next game will be a championship style event freezeout. We usually do rebuy tournaments so what we're going for is something slow and playable. We'd like it to be about 7.5 hours (not including breaks) or so w/ a dinner break of 60 minutes after round 6.

I predict our numbers will be a bit down because of the increased buy in, so around 10 or so players, but I could be surprised either way. The first two rounds are really low just to add some easy play and value for the fishies. Would this play well w/ 10+ players and end around the 3k/6k level or a bit sooner based on that?

The round times are lengthened as the blinds increase as shown. I think this allows folks who get short early more time to recover and still be there for the dinner break.

We also want skill to have the best chance and the longer late levels should help that.

If we for some reason only get 8 players or less, I'm considering altering the schedule to play even slower because the total amount of chips in play may be less and it would end too soon based on that.

Comments appreciated.