View Single Post
Old 06-18-2007, 01:15 PM

Default Re: List people who make your life worse, and those who make it better

This is a great thread, Dids.

Better:
1. 'Chair... this is a no brainer. He's hilarious and we have fun together constantly. Even when we're sitting around hungover and worthless, it's fun with him.
2. My mom - another obvious answer. She has turned into my best friend and is absolutely cool as [censored]. 'Chair says I'm her clone, not her daughter.
3. Guy who is training me in my new position at work - he works in Athens so I have to drive out there once a week, and he deals with my many phone calls and Sametime messages throughout the day. He's a hilarious good-ole-boy who is a lot sharper than he sounds and has made my daily work stress level ~0.

Worse:
1. Revolting Asperger's guy at work who is incredibly obsessed with his job. He will enter your cube randomly and stand THISCLOSE to you (keep in mind I'm about crotch level when seated). He will pontificate ad nauseum all the failures of the system and his ingenious strategies for fixing them. Then, he'll pop back in your cube, or corner you in the breakroom as you heat up your lunch, or on your way out the door at day's end, and righteously reiterate his sermon that he feels is ignored by management. He always has coffee/cigarette breath and complains loudly at the printer about his personal life. Today he touched my arm, I almost fell over backwards in my recoil.

2. Our apartment manager - she is like a [censored] Big Brother spy, I swear to god, she recently wrote us up for a "Lease violation" because 'Chair and AEKDBet were putting cigarette butts UNDER our doormat. There are hundreds of units in our complex, but she manages to check UNDER OUR MAT? Also when my lease ended on my first apartment (in the same complex) she made us pay a $600 fine for some super fine print detail in the contract that was incredibly ridiculous. She makes me feel homicidal.