View Single Post
Old 06-18-2007, 12:49 PM

Default Live observing and coaching - looking for tips

Frond came up to Commerce yesterday with a buddy so the 3 of us could hang together, chat some, and play some. The place is so big that I had to give them the grand tour so they didn't get lost.

Got in about 3 hrs. of 3/6, Frond was card dead, his buddy Bob was the winner, and I rode the up and down train but was up at the end of the session.

One of our purposes in getting together was that we are all learning journeymen wanted to observe each other's play and offer reviews. Yet, 3 people sitting together and chatting with similar styles of play clearly had an impact on the table.

I wondered how other posters have worked together to observe a fellow posters play at a live table. I am looking for suggestions about how to effectively pull that off without impacting the table too much. Do you try not to let people you know one another or just let that go? How do you exchange feedback without getting up from the table together all the time? Real world suggestions would be appreciated because I think it would be useful for an outsider to really watch us play and look for bad plays that we might miss in our self-reviews. Thoughts? Suggestions?