View Single Post
Old 06-18-2007, 05:13 AM

Default Re: PLO 100 - raising with Aces in early position

Okay fist off how you play AA in a ring game should be dependant on the feel of the table, if you have AA in early position and you know some guy in mid position preflop raises 20% preflop hands and the two guys in late position tend to always call late pricing in the BB, I'd strongly suggest going for a check raise there then leading flop. If it's a tight nit wit table then go ahead and pot raise like you did to add pot value. Where I think you misplayed the hand was on the flop. Unless you yourself is a Nit that only raises pre with AA (don't be that guy) I would check raise the flop (since CO would probably lead out or any 10 10 or AT with a gut from late) giving him an All in situation on turn so you don't give him implied odds on his turn call making it essentially correct since he was getting better then 1/4 on a 34% draw (4ks, 4 6s, 3 8s, 39s, 3js 17 outs). From what it seems he would call the 60ish turn bet regardless but it would not be your problem and you'd just have to shake it off instead of spewing a river bluff call.