View Single Post
Old 06-18-2007, 02:15 AM

Default Re: Possible Facebook IPO: History reapeating itself?

[ QUOTE ]

maxtower, with all due respect, how could you possibly know how much facebook makes in ad revenue. All reports I've heard say that their target market (young adults) are actually performing worse than their already low expectations in terms of facebook advertising.

[/ QUOTE ]

I just know that the guy who runs plentyoffish.com reportedly makes $10,000 per day running google adsense. He runs his site by himself. I know its probably not the same scale as Facebook, but it is the largest free dating website on the internet.

I just looked at Facebook's site and realized there aren't many ads. They just don't show them. I think they are trying to grow right now and not dilute the user experience with advertisements. However, it seems to me they are leaving a ton of money on the table by not running some small ads. I am very familiar with how internet traffic can be monetized, and huge margins are indeed possible when you have Facebook's traffic volume. I guess they are just choosing to sell more of the company than show a few ads to pay the bills.