View Single Post
Old 06-18-2007, 02:05 AM

Default Re: help people avoid bad movies (and watch good ones)

All,

There were a bunch on there that I've watched but hadn't deleted. My thoughts:

invincible - watched a couple of nights ago, was pretty blah, i mean fine for an underdog sports movie, but yeah pretty blah

last holiday - you know exactly what will happen, but i like queen latifah, just a basic feel good movie

the da vinci code - i thought the book was dumb and this was just as dumb except with lots less detail and lots of elaboration for stupid people, hence it was even more dumb than the book

waiting - saw this last night and was mildly entertaining, sorta like an office space/clerks hybrid, but not as funny as either. nothing great, decent popcorn movie.

lord of war - this is basically the exact type of movie i love, except that it sucked

four brothers - this is also basically the exact type of movie i love, except that it sucked

the breakup - this just basically sucked bad

into the blue - this sucked, except you get to see jessica alba and another hot chick in a bikini a lot, so that rules

click - this was exactly as you would expect, is ok but not all that great. mildly entertaining popcorn movie

y tu mama tambien - saw it in theater and liked it ok, wanted to watch it again since i figure i missed some stuff w/ the subtitles
the motorcyle diaries - same thing

constantine - I've seen this and thought it sucked, but bad beetz insists it is a great movie, so I'm gonna give it another chance

The following are the ones I haven't seen.

These are ones I expect to suck:

the weather man
find me guilty
the omen
posiedon

These are ones I expect to enjoy:

bubba ho-tep
capote
be here to love me: a film about townes van zandt
this film is not yet rated
broken flowers
the squid and the whale