View Single Post
Old 06-18-2007, 12:54 AM

Default Re: Two WSOP event Stud 8 hands

I don't see how you can say that Juanda's suit doesn't matter. When a good player calls with a banana in the door, his most likely hand is a three-flush, probably with low hole cards. If two or three of his suit are gone, then he's likely on something else.

You acted first on fourth street, right? I'd consider betting out. Doesn't look like anyone has much of anything, and you're calling anyway. You can represent a strong high hand which might help you buy the pot on a later street.

I'd also consider betting fifth street. You have a strong draw, and the loose guy might not even have a low yet if he's loose. As it is, I think you have to call. I probably wouldn't object if it got capped.

Second hand, I'd consider putting in more action on third and fourth. On sixth, I'm definitely putting in more action. Either bet or check-raise or something. You do realize that Bill has to have a Deuce in the hole in order to have you beaten, right? You can account for two of those. If you were worried about folding out Sexton, that's one thing, but I don't think he's going anywhere, because I think he's got the best high hand. Get your money in there.