View Single Post
Old 06-18-2007, 12:34 AM

Default Two WSOP event Stud 8 hands

hand 1. 2k event, 50 ante, 50 bring in, 200/400.

guy two to my right brings it in, one fold, i complete with (4 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 5 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]) 6 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]. all hearts are live except the 6, one 2 is dead, 3s and 7s all live. Four or five way to the flop including a mildly loose guy with a 5 up, and john juanda with a J up. Their suits don't matter.

4th street, john catches a black T, I catch the K [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], loose guy catches a black 8, other guys catch bricks. John bets, I peel, loose guy calls, three of us to fifth with 2600 in the pot. Thoughts on peeling?

fifth john catches another paint (K i think), other guy catches a 2, i catch the 8 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]. john checks, i check, guy ( with (xx)582) bets 400, john c-r to 800, and i?

----------

hand 2.

3k event, 100 ante 100 bring in, 400/800. 2 brings it in, i open-complete to 400 with (65)4; suits don't matter, circuit pro named bill (who played the 5k plo rebuys and is playing the 50k horse) reraises with a A up. mike sexton calls with a 6. I call.

Fourth I catch an A, bill catches a suited 4 (diamonds), sexton catches an 8. i check bill bets, sexton calls, i call.

fifth i catch a 2 (i have 65(42A), bill catches a black 6 for (xx) A [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 4 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 6 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], sexton catches a 9. I bet bill calls, sexton calls.

sixth i catch a Q, bill catches a 3 (to give him (xx)a463, sexton catches an 8 (for (xx)6898. i check bill bets, sexton calls i call. river i pair the 5, i check bill bets, sexton thinks a while (pretty clear he's deciding between calling and raising) and calls, i call.

Any other way to play it? And, what should I do if Sexton had raised?