View Single Post
Old 06-17-2007, 05:14 PM

Default Re: Nevada - most dangerous state in the U.S!!??

[ QUOTE ]
Being canadian I am more concerned by being attacked by an american then worrying about a one in a billion terrorist attack. Of course your president will bail out the families of the said terrorists living on american soil.
Very sad fact of life..

[/ QUOTE ]
a few random thoughts:

I recall reading a few months back that rates of violent crime in the UK and some other European countries are higher than the USA.

If you round out the 9-11 victims to 3,000 and our population to 300,000,000, then 1 in 100,000 Americans was killed on 9-11. That's not "one in a billion."

Have you actually looked at Canada's immigration policy? It seems Canada is letting in anyone who says “please,” regardless of what support for terrorism/Islamofacism they have.

Many Canadians recoil at our gun rights here. At least I still have the right to defend myself from attack in most jurisdictions here by using a handgun. I guess in Canada, as long as the attacker(s) has the upper hand, it would be better for the resident there to die or be raped or whatever than for him (her) to be able to defend himself with a common defense tool. The handgun can equalize the situation so that the predators won’t be in a situation where they know that they will always have the upper hand.

Oh by the way, Canada has been able to have an increasingly smaller amount of GDP spent on national defense because they could depend on what we’re spending on defense. It directly benefits your standard of living.