View Single Post
Old 06-17-2007, 06:31 AM

Default Really simple spot vs. Cam Hua that\'s really not

So Cam Hua's to my right in today's 1500 and playing like a complete loose/passive station. Sample hand: He limps UTG, LP raises, he calls. They check through the JTx flop, he check/calls the Q turn, and then checks the x river looking like he's intending to call. K9s is good, sir (against aces, no less.) Well played. On the other hand, he's already made two flop calls with some raggedy underpair that turned out to be good, too, so he's at least trying to read hands well.

I've already shown one big flop sorta semibluff, sorta bluff shove at this table, then won a medium pot from him B v. B when the guy between us went busto. In that hand, at 25/50 with two limpers, he completed in the SB, and I checked QJo in the BB. Flop QTx, I bet 100 into 200, limpers fold, he calls. Turn K, check check. River 9, he checks, I decide I'm gonna own him with an 'obvious Internet bluff' and quickly toss in a 500 chip, he tanks, calls and mucks.

So, okay, the actual hand: He limps UTG. I pick up AK in MP1 and raise to 400 at 50/1. Everyone folds, he calls. (I have 5500ish to start the hand and cover him by maybe a thou or so.)

Flop QT7. He checks, but this basically killed his range so I check. Turn 7, he instachecks again, I check planning to call the river unimproved.

River K...and he suddenly bets 550 into 950.

Oh yeah, he basically has to know what I have at this point.