View Single Post
Old 06-17-2007, 04:02 AM

Default WSOP 5K HORSE - Stud/8 Hand

We are just after dinner on day 2 of the 5K HORSE, playing stud/8. I have 67K chips, average stack is 45ish. Limit is 1500/3000. About 40 players left, 24 make the money.

Dead cards are 3 3 4 K K, mostly black.

Mizrachi with the 3c brings it in, then 2 folds, and I complete to 1500 with (A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img])J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]. 2 more folds, the 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] raises to 3000, and the 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] makes it 4500. I decide I'm not losing anyone here, so I just call, as does the 8-seat with the 4.

The 1-seat with the 7 door card I've been on the same table with for the last several hours. He's probably late 20's, has made some strange plays, overplayed a few hands, and hasn't made many laydowns once he gets involved, but overall hasn't been too far out of line. Call him "Stubborn."

The 8-seat with the 4 is Ali, who I haven't played with before but is apparently a fairly well known LA player who has cashed in several other events including the earlier HORSE event this year. Erik Seidel, sitting my left and his right, seems pretty friendly with him.

Anyway. On 4th street, the boards are:

Me: (A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img])J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]
Ali: (xx xx) 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
Stubborn: (xx xx) 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

I bet, Ali calls, Stubborn raises, I 3-bet, Ali calls, Stubborn 4-bets, I call, Ali calls.

Me: (A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img])J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]
Ali: (xx xx) 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]
Stubborn: (xx xx) 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]

I think for a second and bet out. Ali calls. Stubborn raises. I 3-bet. Ali (finally) gives up. Stubborn calls.

Me: (A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img])J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
Stubborn: (xx xx) 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

I check-call both 6th and 7th (I caught Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] on the end). The pot is well over 60k - almost definitely the biggest pot of the tournament so far, and enough to put even a short stack on the leaderboard.

Thoughts? Results and my thinking to follow.