Thread: KQ turn spot
View Single Post
Old 06-16-2007, 10:43 PM

Default Re: KQ turn spot

if we re enough ahead of his range we want to put in another raise (ie he cr's enough Kx hands or plays some other worse made hands this way or semi-bluffs enough) why is 3betting the turn best? if we assume he follows through with a semi bluff we make no more off him UI and i think the difference in skylansky bucks of getting 2 turn bets against him with partial equity vs one and one river bluff bet with 100% equity more than makes up for any times he ck folds UI with a semi bluff doesnt it? maybe not.

plus are u checking behind a flush river if u 3bet the turn or calling a donk or always bet folding, he hsa more implied odds vs us with semi bluffs if we 3bet the turn, that has to hurt the overall ev of that line vs calling and popping the river.

also waiting we dont lose air or stupidly played PPs and i feel much better responding to a river 3bet than a turn cap since wed have atleast 2 outs probably, debatable there i suppose but even if i call a river 3bet i have lost no more bets than if i 3bet the turned and called down a cap (not saying we necessarily should raise this river tho just talking about 3betting the turn vs calling to raise a blank river conceptually).