View Single Post
Old 06-16-2007, 07:32 PM

Default Re: LO8 Full Tilt - $22 Deepstack: Go Home or Fold?

[ QUOTE ]
Now the flop comes and I have the 2nd nuts and my opponent bets into me...In my view with our stack we have 2 choices here: FOLD or GO HOME if he has the nuts...Like I said in a previous post, I can't put in a feeler raise here and then fold because that leaves me with 9,000 and crippled...And I can't call down because calling down leaves me with 1,500 chips if I go to the river...So it's not really about giving a guy credit for a hand, I have to decide here if my 2nd nuts is good...As soon as the 3rd raise was put in I knew I was pretty much dead in the water

[/ QUOTE ]Omaha8sPoker - I agree that it's a tough spot. I don't like any of your choices. (Reminds me of some elections).

But I have gone from having only one chip to winning a tournament. And many times I have gone from having only one chip to making the final table and being in on the pay-off. Thus I know it is at least possible.

If you shug off your first round ploy and go into check/call mode, you'll still have 1500T left if disaster strikes. And if disaster doesn't strike you have almost doubled up.

You don't have to commit all your chips here.

Buzz