View Single Post
Old 06-16-2007, 07:29 PM

Default Re: Harrah\'s WSOP ripoff

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Let me clear some things up.

If WSOP did not make money, why would Harrah's have it? The WSOP makes an absolute killing for the RIO, and the company as a whole, as do the circuit events.

While general tournament poker is designed to drive people through the door for live play, the event itself makes a profit. Please remember that the majority of the tournament staff are temporary employees that have the majority of their wages paid from the prize pool.

There is some truth to the separation of departments, but the entire event makes a tremendous amount of money for the property. I assure you this is not a guess.

Having said that, why would anyone think that amenities at the most populated poker event in the world be cheap? the gentleman that suggested market demand is correct. I find it trite that paying for a soda spurred you to title a post a ripoff.

[/ QUOTE ]

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Loss_leader

But olivert says that they have been making money since 2005 so it is no longer a loss leader.

[/ QUOTE ]
They've only owned it since 2005 lol. anyone says that they don't make millions off this is a harrahs stooge with no knowledge of simple arithmetic.