View Single Post
Old 06-16-2007, 03:27 PM

Default Re: 10-20 at the RIo

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I meant to ask him about this myself. How many players must he anticipate in the pot to make cold calling with QT suited profitable?

[/ QUOTE ]

It depends on who's behind you as well and who limped. But, in general, I play a lot of "crap" hands in multiway pots like this for a single raise. Especially with excellent relative position like in this hand. It looks like OP had a great seat at this table. Q8s, J8s, etc are all playable for me. Good multi-way hands.

Besides, it's fun to play.

- Jim

[/ QUOTE ]

This doesn't sound terribly scientific, and of course we all think the hands we play are profitable. Cold calling two bets should be a pretty rare thing, even in these types of games according to Miller. We all know the formula for small pairs, how many players need to be in, etc. There must be some sort of guideline for suited connectors, and in this case a gapped suited as to the pot odds needed to make them profitable when calling two bets preflop. I'm guessing that you are bleeding away more than you realize with some of the "crap" you cold call two bets with for fun.