View Single Post
Old 06-16-2007, 02:16 PM

Default Re: What if a University Offered a Degree in Poker

[ QUOTE ]
MCU = Mike Caro Univerisity.

[/ QUOTE ]

I would think it very valid if players such as Bob Ciaffone, Howard Lederer, David Sklansky etc were teaching.
There are very few qualified players that can pass on the concepts necessary to excel.
I would like in actuality to see such a course put together for an intense one week where each day a specific form was taught by the best qualified player in that form.
Monday would be Pot limit omaha . Tuesday would be pot limit holdem . Wednesday would be 0/8 etc etc etc.
Yes there are really games out there besides NL holdem that versatile players would enjoy exploring more deeply to fill their arsenal.
At the end of each day players use their skills in actual game play under the watchful eye of the instructor{s}.
Of course the week would be dedicated exclusively to live or tourney play.
I prefer live play concepts etc.
The course would be totally geared for intermediate to advanced players.
I TOTALLY disagree with the idea one needs to specialize in a specific game. The players in all forms are no where near the competent level of four to five years ago. Therefore the better well rounded one becomes the better will be his ev at every game he undertakes.
Ok enough said because with the global NL donk mentality out there, this will never transpire. [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]
One final note is that the poker school offerings out there right now seem mediocre at best.