View Single Post
Old 06-16-2007, 06:37 AM

Default Custom poker chip sets

Hey guys,

I came up with an idea for a home game of mine, the problem is the availability of the chips I'm looking for might be difficult. A few of my friends are very interested in poker and we're pretty competitive with it. We all like high stakes poker a lot and I wanted to create a similar environment at the table amongst my crew of friends.

The basic idea is to play a 1/1000th replica of the game at my house... .30/.60 no limit with a .10 ante and a 1.20 straddle. At this level the game plays as if it were much higher than it looks (we used to run a weekly 1/2nl game so we have plenty of customers for this).

The most difficult part is that I want to get replica chips. I really want the black with pink (.10), white with red (.50), yellow with blue ($1), and grey with brown (how much are those worth again in the game? I can't remember if it's 5k, 25k, or 50k, but either way it would be that dollar amount in my game) AND of course we'd have $50 bricks of single dollar bills on the table.

The goal of this game is to be friendly but just juicy enough to keep us degens focused. We'll probably be playing a lot of props and doing random shenanegans... sooo with all this in mind, how do I find the chips I'm looking for?