View Single Post
Old 06-16-2007, 05:37 AM

Default responsibily question

I have a question, what is fair?

In Rome me and a old HS friend (we are 23 now) were waiting outside the train station in a pretty bad neighborhood. We met 2 girls brett has known for like 2 weeks and 2 dudes the girls knew that we didn't at all.

We leave our bags in a pile and brett goes to the ATM to get cash out. I am not 100% sure if he brought his laptop case with him or not. I think he probably did and he is sure he did but he is always sure of a lot of things...

I am watching the bags OK, like not sitting on them but standing a few feet away and making sure to look at them every few seconds. Rome was a really dodgy city (Didnt know this at the time) and now that I think about it there were a lot of things that could have been intentional distrations that could have gotten my attention for a few seconds for a good theif to lift the bags.

Brett comes back and his laptop case is gone with about $2000 or $2500 worth of stuff total in it depending on if u count it as new or used. In addition to the lost data from his laptop/camera/ipod. If it happened to me I am not exactly sure how much he would have offered.

What is my monitary responsibility here?