View Single Post
Old 06-16-2007, 04:58 AM

Default Re: Womens event #17

Hi Moose,

I can see where you can use the gender thing in reverse. I will have to look out for that. The thing is, I can usually figure out who is going to play into the male/female thing fairly early on.

I have to say, though, there is really nothing I like more than knocking out a guy who makes a comment about women players being inferior. I am not in any way referring to you here btw. Believe me this happens almost every time I go.

The last time the man asked if I was going cry too. The time before that, I was at the final table. This guy looks directly at me (only woman standing) and says loudly, may the best MAN win. I soooooo loved checking the nuts (poker gods were watching this one) and having him push all in against me. I know I was lucky to pick up the nuts at the right time, but still it feels so great to do to a guy like this.

I also love to let guys bully me early on, when it doesn't really matter much. They see me as a weak tightie, and its a good set up for later. I purposely use the same body language when I do my weak tight fold as when I have the nuts and check it to an overly aggressive player. I know some of these guys are trying to tilt me with the gender comments, but I have to honestly say I get more of a kick out of it than get insulted.

I acted out of turn a couple of weeks ago, and some guy (who wasn't even in the hand) actually said "thats why we shouldn't let women play". The guy whose turn it was to act had his cards completely covered by his hands and I didn't see them, nor did the dealer. The dealer looked at me, which I thought meant it was my action, and we both didn't see this guy in the hand. I apologized, and the dealer said, sir please don't cover your cards completely.

This should have been over, and the first time he said it I ignored it. Then, he repeats "we shouldn't let them play". For the next 45 minutes or so, every time it was to me to act, I looked at him and said, "do I go now?". He busted out after that, and as he was walking away I actually heard him say "the bitch who doesn't know when its her turn tilted me".