View Single Post
Old 06-16-2007, 01:53 AM

Default Re: Imperial Palace Lv., room opinion?

I just got back from IP. I decided to stay there instead of Sahara for 3 days. I was on the 16th floor and the wait for elevators was not long at all. It's a little crowded for a minute, but who cares? The hallways are dark and my room was dirty and smelly. My sink would overflow if left on while I brushed my teeth. Should be fine with most single guys though. Cab line was also very short. There is no safe in the room. I didn't play in the poker room there but I walked over to Harrah's next door and played two 3 hour sessions of 1/2NL. They were my first 2 live sessions ever and I played very badly due to acting too fast and being nervous, but won $70 in the first one and $400 in the second. There were some really aweful players there and only 1 or 2 good ones in both of my sessions. Some examples:

One guy called big bets preflop, flop and turn w/ with pocket deuces on a KQT52ish board (reraise-shoved river for like 1/4th pot more obv).

An old lady called big bets preflop, flop and turn w/ A7o on 2J86ish board, but hit an ace on the river and raised.

I raise preflop UTG, guy says "That's the first hand you've played!", I get 4 callers.

I raise preflop from cutoff, get 2 callers. Flop is QT4r, they check, I bet 2/3rd's of pot, both call. Turn is 3, they check, I bet 2/3rd's of pot, both call. River is a K and I check behind. They show something like T5o and 46o.

Guy overbet shoves river on 7889T board and lady asks "so you hit your boat, huh?" He says "oh, is the board paired?" and gets up to squint at it. She calls allin with a jack.

There was also a big preflop 3 way allin with AK vs AQ vs AQ.

Most players overbet the pot on flop.

The room and tables were nice too (lots of misdeals and exposed cards though, but not sure if more than average). I would highly recommend walking over there if staying at IP.

I also took the monorail over to Sahara for the 11am tournament (my first live tourney) and again played much worse than I would have online, but stayed in til 1k 2k level before going out with QQ vs AJ & AJ preflop. It had around 60 entrants and most were still limping in and folding to raises preflop with 4BB's left.

Also Venetian is walking distance and cool for taking trip photos, but easy to get lost in.

I would stay at IP again, but it is not for wussies like someone else said.