View Single Post
Old 06-16-2007, 12:00 AM

Default Re: ufc 72 + 73 on bodog

[ QUOTE ]
i disagree about silvas ground game as well. he has looked pretty good on the ground when i have seen him. decent submissions and those long legs give him a very tight guard in which he often utilyzes a body triangle to keep his opponents from raising up and also sucks the air out of them. marquadt is a former king of pancrasse and seems to be the real deal but i just dont know enough about him to comment on the line.

[/ QUOTE ]

lol...

I was at one time new to MMA too, but even a newbie should know that long limbs present a disadvantage on the ground when it comes to giving up submissions. 14 of Marquardt's 25 wins are via submission, and it'll be 15 of 26 on July 8th.

[ QUOTE ]
Actually Lutter has a great ground game

[/ QUOTE ]

Lutter has good jiu-jitsu, but it pretty much ends at pure jiu-jitsu. His overall ground game is nowhere near Marquardt's. Also, Lutter was very weakened by making the mistake of trying to cut from 205+ pounds (which's why he didn't make weight) and his strength (especially in a weakened state) would be the main factor that will this time keep Silva down and fight off any sub attempts from the bottom.