View Single Post
Old 06-15-2007, 11:49 PM

Default Re: I don\'t play enough ... and I think I know why

Ugghhhh I have the same problem, but worse..

I play small stakes plh. I have been doing really well for the past few months, but a tough year of seven card stud I feel has left me like permanently scarred.. I am so afraid of losing after I get a nice score. Part of this is that I live overseas, where the economy sux.. Like, say if I win $200 , I think about how far that can go over here, and how hard I would have to work to get that kind of money (1 week at a regular job). If I were to lose that $200, I end up feeling really crappy about myself, and how much that $$ would help us out..

My typical sessions are either like 1-2 hours of me doing quite well, or like 10 a ten hour session where I may start out losing a big pot.. then I go on tilt, then I cool down.. then I start to battle back or whatever.. One good thing is, I actually play a tad bit more aggressive when I'm stuck, so that's kind of good..

In summary, my winning sessions are short, and my losing sessions are long, which is very bad. As a positive, I don't play too many tables.